Information Security Response Team Nepal, fondly known as npCert, is a team of Information Security experts unite together to address the urgent need for the protection of national information and growing cyber security threat in Nepal.
Established in 2016, npCert has been playing active role as the Nation’s flagship cyber defense, incident response, and operational integration center.
The main objectives of npCert are:
- To provide cybersecurity incident responses.
- To promote cyber security situational awareness across industry, academia, and the public sector.
- To support critical national infrastructure companies to handle cyber security incidents.
- To provide research and analysis of cyber security incidents.
- To gather and disseminate technical information on cyber security incidents, vulnerabilities, security fixes and other security information as well as issue alerts and warnings.
- To coordinate with other domestic and international Information Security Response Teams and related organizations.