NPCERT, the Information Security Response Team Nepal, is organizing GCSS 2018. NPCERT is a team of Information Security experts formed to address the urgent need for the protection of national information and growing cybersecurity threat in Nepal. The attack on Information infrastructures are increasing in frequency and scale so, to address all these issues NPCERT was established.
- To provide cyber security incident responses.
- To promote cyber security situational awareness across industry, academia, and the public sector.
- To support critical national infrastructure companies to handle cyber security incidents.
- To provide research and analysis of cyber security incidents.
- To gather and disseminate technical information on cyber security incidents, vulnerabilities, security fixes and other security information as well as issue alerts and warnings.
- To coordinate with other domestic and international Information Security Response Teams and related organizations.